time machine

Reaction score
I have a mac book air. I bought my passport to have a backup. I understand how time machine works but am having a problem with memory. I want to restore my iTunes to a previous date. When I go to time machine to my iTunes to the previous date the computer tells me i don't have enough memory. My memory is mostly taken up by time machine backups. Now what??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums!

I believe you're confusing hard drive available space with system memory which are two entirely different things. From your question, it appears there isn't enough available space on the MacBook Air SSD to restore iTunes to a previous date. The Time Machine backups that were made should be on the Passport external hard drive not your MacBook Air SSD.

Can you tell us how much available space remains on your MacBook Air's hard drive (SSD)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.