How do i get rid of ALL passwords?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Tower
I know it's something to do with filevault and keychain, but i want to do it right, any help would be appreciated , thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What do you mean by "get rid of all passwords"? Email? User login? Website passwords? I don't know what it is you are trying to accomplish.

OP
MacForever
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Tower
that's exactly right, email, user, and all that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
that's exactly right, email, user, and all that.

You can't. Even if you could, would you REALLY want your personal email and website user accounts accessible by anyone who knows your email address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Password requirement for Apps

You can't. Even if you could, would you REALLY want your personal email and website user accounts accessible by anyone who knows your email address?

I am using a Mac Mini and I get asked for Password only when I try to download an App(I think???). Under Settings I have the Password box unchecked. It is a nuisance. I would like to eliminate this Password requirement. Don't know of other times it asks for a Password. It started asking for a Password when I tried to download Flip4Max and then wouldn't accept my Password. I cleaned out all the Flip4Max files and finally got it to accept the Password but don't really know what did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Are you downloading from the App Store? If so, then the password is a security check, so that random people aren't (hopefully) downloading and purchasing apps from your account.

If its when installing something from the Internet, it's to prevent random people from installing software, so that only the computer administrator allows it, it prevents bad software from getting installing, unless you personally want it installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Stretch, I will use the Password feature without complaint. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.