Still not a switcher

Reaction score
I decided to switch to an iMac on December 27th last year and ordered a 27" with upgrades from an approved reseller here (in France) - still no sign of the beast. I am losing interest to say the least - good job I have a PC or I'd be in trouble!! Rant over.....

C

chas_m

Tim Cook himself warned everyone when the new iMacs were announced that they would be highly constrained. I don't think many of us thought it would be that long (and it hasn't been in North America, of course, but it only JUST started getting better), but on top of the extraordinary constraint you ordered a custom one -- from a reseller.

If I were you I'd cancel that order and buy it directly from Apple France. I suspect you will have it MUCH quicker that way. Not tomorrow, but a lot sooner.

Oh, and FWIW I'm sorry you've had to wait so incredibly long. It's not normally the case with Macs, but this new one uses some very innovative production techniques that apparently took QUITE a while to get under control.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.