changing printer presets

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the "presets" for the print option so that "landscape" is the default. Currently, the default is portrait and if I forget to change the settings before I print, it cuts off text at the margins and prints sideways. I may occasionally want to print in portrait, but I would like to change the settings for those rare occasions. Every computer/printer I have had in the past has always had the portrait setting as the default and I would like to change it so the portrait setting is again, the default. But I am not having any success and would welcome some assistance.
FOr the record, I have clicked "save current settings as presets" and it doesn't work : (

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, it would certainly help us if you were to tell us which printer you have before we can answer your question.

Generally though, most printer settings for portrait and landscape are set from the application that you're printing from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.