How do I find my posts or threads to look for answers>

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How do I find my posts or threads to look for answers>

The post you made above is your 1st post. So at this point there are no other posts or threads of yours to find.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Go to your Mac-Forums profile and click on the Statistics tab. You will find your posts and threads history...all one of them.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
At the top are a set of links in a grey bar. One of the links is "My Posts."

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another way to find your posts/threads (when you eventually have some)...is use the search function...and enter your username.

Lots of ways to do it!:)

- Nick

OP
rmill777
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Screensaver disappeared

The post you made above is your 1st post. So at this point there are no other posts or threads of yours to find.

- Nick

I posted a previous one regarding my screensaver problem. Which by the way I solved by picking up a post that mentioned Activity.app

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I posted a previous one regarding my screensaver problem. Which by the way I solved by picking up a post that mentioned Activity.app

I don't believe you posted that previous post on Mac-Forums..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

If you look to the left of each of your posts...you will see your username (and other info)...including your total number of posts. At this point that number for you is 2 (both from this thread).

Thus the post you claim you made relating to a screensaver problem...could not have been done on Mac-Forums using the username "rmill777".

- Nick

OP
rmill777
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Mac-Forums.

You can't imagine how strange a new site looks on your first visit. Don't know what "Quote" means. I could have sworn I was on this site with my Screensaver problem but maybe not. I haven't found my Profile on this site as one reply suggested. I am sure it will be simple when I get over the new smell. Don't know what the Trackback is for. I guess I need to find a manual for using the site tho from my first effort I received a lot of help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can't imagine how strange a new site looks on your first visit. Don't know what "Quote" means. I could have sworn I was on this site with my Screensaver problem but maybe not. I haven't found my Profile on this site as one reply suggested. I am sure it will be simple when I get over the new smell. Don't know what the Trackback is for. I guess I need to find a manual for using the site tho from my first effort I received a lot of help.

Like anything new...there is always a learning curve.;) It's just like going to school/college...if it was all easy...we would all get straight A's. But all of us don't...so we have to attend lectures and study textbooks.

The equivalent to "lectures & textbooks" here on Mac-Forums:

- read the "Sticky" threads in each sub-forum
- use the search function
- simply "explore" the website...by pointing & clicking

We all learn differently & at different rates.:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Quote indicates that someone (I in my previous post) hit the "QUOTE" button to quote your text so that you had context to my reply. Because multiple people could be posting at the same time, the conversation can get disjointed at times. Quoting a portion of another's post and replying keeps the conversation in sync.

If you scroll to the top of the page, you will see the Mac-Forums logo. Below that are 5 buttons in red and below that 7 buttons in gray. One of those gray buttons is titled "User CP" (CP is Control Panel) which will take you to your profile. The other button titled "My Posts"..well, I'll let you guess what that might do..:)

The other buttons are similarly descriptive of the action that will be taken when you press on it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
To clarify my earlier post...in the top right corner of the page there is a gray area. You will see Welcome, rmill777, your name is in red. Click on your name and that will take you to your profile. Click on the Statistics tab in your profile and your thread and post information will be listed there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.