Problems printing to PDF

Reaction score
Hi all,
I seem to remember there was a recent update to my HP printer driver, from Apple. Since then, I am not able to print web pages to a PDF file from certain web sites. Anyone had this problem?
I wonder if this is caused by the printer driver, or by the web site?

To get round the problem, I had to print the web page from W*****s with CutePDF, but it worked.

Neil

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We/re going to need a beit more information.

1. Which Mac and OS version are you using?
2. Does this affect all sites or just some? Which ones?
3. Which browser(s) are affected?
4. Which printer is it?
5. Any browser plugins installed/updated recently?
6. Can other documents be turned into PDFs

OP
N
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry:
I sort of think it's the web site now. It's my credit card company, who have only on-line billing, so it's a bit daft that they seem to have negated output to pdf.

Thanks anyway.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Check the site carefully. Some companies offer a way to directly download the information via a pre-done pdf. It is usually found in the account management area once you provide appropriate login / security information. I suspect there is some sore of security issue preventing download / printing until you go through that area.

OP
N
Reaction score
They used to have the download, but that link changed to "view statement". The statement opens in a new browser (Safari) window, which I then could print to a pdf. Now it opens the print to pdf dialog but the print pages are blank.
I am in the UK, and I don't know if it's the same for you, but trying to talk to a bank here is not easy. They have their call centres in asia somewhere, and their version of English is different to mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.