Snow Leopard Reinstall Problems

Reaction score
Looking for some help for why I can't seem to get snow leopard to reinstall. I am getting ready to sell my late 2010 15" MBP with Version 10.6.8. I have followed all the instructions for erasing the hard drive (zero out data in DU) and since then I can't get it to reinstall. I have the original install dvd. After erasing, I was able to go through the first steps of the install but it was unable to and gave me an error message and an option to reset. I hit restart and then it just comes to the grey screen with the apple and spinning circle. Can't get it past that. If I leave it for a long time (over an hour) it shuts itself off. Tried holding option+c on startup and can't get another screen. The disk is spinning and doing something. Wondering what I have done and if there's any way to fix it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like the install failed (damaged disc?)

Will it boot from DVD if you hold option on start-up?

OP
M
Reaction score
By holding option I was finally able to click on the arrow underneath the hard drive symbol but then it goes to the grey screen again with rotating circle. I don't know how to get the disk out. Seems strange the disk would be damaged when its been used once and in original plastic and laptop box.

OP
M
Reaction score
Able to eject disk by holding down trackpad on startup. Cleaned the tiniest little smudge off the disk and it worked...what an easy fix. Thanks for your input mrplow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Glad it's working for you now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.