advise please

M

mat

Hi Just signed up and wanted to post a message but couldn’t see where I could do that so I started here if anyone knows please let me know.

I have a few questions first Have a power book that I have sold I want to get my data off about 10gigs photos, docs, music and mail.
I want to keep my settings folders the same mail and that kind of stuff, any suggestions I have heard of disk imaging or something like that.

Next is how can I update my home page with windows you just go to source view change the text save and upload that cant be done on a Mac? Or is it just a setting?

Next photo shop don’t have it and don’t know how to use it but all I want to do is edit photos type text on them change the size and the weight of the photos for my home page any suggestions there on easy to use free software?

Next FTP I use Cyper Duc any better ones around again free soft ware?
And free software fro easily converting windows medi player music files to itunes itunes wont read my music of my old PC.

Thank you
Mathew

OP
Y

yankees

If you are on OSX open disk utility, click the HD and then hit new image.

Then burn it onto a few DVD's and your done.

As for the rest of your post, I can't quite make heads or tails of what you need.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
M

mat

yankees said:
If you are on OSX open disk utility, click the HD and then hit new image.

Then burn it onto a few DVD's and your done.

As for the rest of your post, I can't quite make heads or tails of what you need.

Hi thanks for your reply if I do this can I then load the CDs or DVDs on to a blank drive and have it all the same as it was when on my computer?
what about the OS does that need tobe installed on the new drive or will it use the OS that would be copied automatcily with the CDs DVDs?
Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.