Can BootCamp Windows 7 Use Hardware of Native Windows 7?

Reaction score
Hello, I have BootCamp on my macbook pro for windows 7. I installed guitar hero 3 on it and the guitar I got for it won't work. The guitar works on my friend's windows 7 pc and it also works on my mac side. I also have sharkoon x-tatic sp headsets for my mac. They will plug-in to my friends Windows 7 pc and also my mac side, but when I try to plug them in to my BootCamp side they don't read. Headphones will read(the headphone part of my headset not the usb part). Are there any drivers that I need to download for that or will it just plain not work? And also, I installed windows 7 for my hauppauge and the usb for the hauppauge will read so I can record, but not my guitar or headsets. Any solutions. I would prefer help for the guitar if that's all you can help with. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you installed Windows in bootcamp did you download and install the driver package?

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi

I do not know, I don't think so but I did a bad thing. I took it into a store to install it because I was lazy so....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can just run the bootcamp assistant in OSX, download the driver package and quit the assistant.
Copy the driver pack to cd or USB, boot into windows and run the driver pack setup

OP
K
Reaction score
It says burn a copy to cd or dvd or I can choose an external drive, I chose Download latest apple support is that where I'm supposed to be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes that's it exactly

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi, I tried burning it to a cd but then it popped out and said burn failed with an error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a whole other issue but you can copy it to USB

OP
K
Reaction score
It doesn't give me that option... It just says burn to a CD or DVD what other option is there supposed to be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It says burn a copy to cd or dvd or I can choose an external drive, I chose Download latest apple support is that where I'm supposed to be?

It's an external drive, but you can save it anywhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When in Mac OS X if you are using Lion or Mountain Lion, go into Utilities > BootCamp Assistant and start the process. You will be advised to download drivers and then burn them to a CD. Try that. Are you sure your optical drive is actually working and maybe that is the reason a 'store' did it for you?

As another suggestion, print and read the guidelines. You will learn much more doing this yourself. Also enables better troubleshooting.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi, so I installed the drivers, now what do I do next after logging into my windows side

OP
K
Reaction score
It's an external drive, but you can save it anywhere

Hi, I installed the support software and I am in my windows side, I saved them in a folder, now what? I can access the folder but I don't know what to do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Repeat did you burn them to a CD? Either the internal or external Optical drive will be fine, or a USB thumb drive.

OP
K
Reaction score
Well all of my CD's have something on them, but I have a usb drive, what do I do with the drivers on my windows side then / step by step please. I saved them to a google drive folder on my mac and when I go to that folder on my windows side then what.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to re-iterate but it's best to read the bootcamp guide as advised above and/or run the setup as advised above

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.