TOO many passwords

Reaction score
All this password junk has really got me run amuck. I do not even remember the keychain password. I am unable to do almost anything on my macbook pro because it ask for my password. Even with the hint ; I remember creating the hint but have forgotten completely what the pass is. Can someone PLEASE help me out.
PS; Yes I did come in that way.

Thanks ;
fredconk: Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well hows about a little indexed notebook to keep them all in? And for goodness sake never activate File Vault.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Options

All this password junk has really got me run amuck. I do not even remember the keychain password. I am unable to do almost anything on my macbook pro because it ask for my password. Even with the hint ; I remember creating the hint but have forgotten completely what the pass is. Can someone PLEASE help me out.
PS; Yes I did come in that way.

Thanks ;
fredconk: Grimmace:

Another option is to purchase a Password Manager such as 1Password.
After installing it you will only have to remember only one password.

Just another option to consider

DavidH

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can someone PLEASE help me out.

What would you have us do? The nature of computing nowadays is passwords for everything. Buy yourself a small indexed notebook as Harry suggested and write down all your passwords. It's better than nothing.....

OP
F
Reaction score
Well I would like to know if there is any way I might be able to get into keychain. I would then reset a pass that would be unforgettable .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can reset the password in your keychain app with your log on admin password. Or have you forgotten that?

M

MacInWin

With 1Password you only need to remember two passwords, your login password if you use one and the password to 1Password. It has a link to browsers to recognize login URLs and allow you to fill in the login data from within 1Password with one click. It also synchronizes through WiFI or Dropbox to your iPhone, iPad, etc, so that you can have all of your passwords with you wherever you go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Since no one I don't trust has access to my computer, I modify the names of Bookmarks to include my user name and password. Even if it's longer than the tab, if you mouse over it, the whole thing will be revealed. Now, this isn't bulletproof. Some sites jump to another page and the title in the Tab does not match the name I gave it. In that case, I just have to go back to Bookmarks and find it where I changed it.

Plus, when you die, who gets your computer? With more and more financial transactions taking place via the internet, your heir needs to know your passwords.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.