Install Sims 1 on Mac

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have the PC version of the sims 1 and have no idea on how to install it onto my MacBook Pro

Solution #1:

Purchase the Macintosh version of Sims 1. But remember...this only works if you have an older Macintosh computer running an older version of the Mac OS. The Macintosh version of Sims 1 most likely will not run on a newer Macintosh running a newer version of the Mac OS.

Solution #2:

Read this:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ru...4239-running-windows-mac-switchers-guide.html

I think that if you have an older Macnitosh computer (running an older version of the Mac OS)...solution #1 is the MUCH less expensive & less hassle approach...then trying to run the Windows version of Sims 1 on a Mac.;)

HTH,

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
thank you nick,

I have the newest version of OS so do i still follow through will installing the windows thing onto my MacBook Pro?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thank you nick,

I have the newest version of OS so do i still follow through will installing the windows thing onto my MacBook Pro?

The newest version of the Mac OS doesn't really matter...since you're talking about the Windows version of Sims 1. Even if you had the Macintosh version of Sims 1...because you are running the latest version of the Mac OS...Sims 1 for the Macintosh most likely wouldn't run (Sims 1 for the Mac is too old for the latest Mac OS version).

So...if you did still want to run Sims 1 (Windows version) that you have...you would need to install Windows on your Mac (using one of the methods in the link provided earlier). Remembering...that you would have to install a version of Windows that is compatible with the Sims 1 Windows version (which may be Windows XP).

I want to warn you...this can be a somewhat complicated & possibly expensive process...just to play a 12 year-old game.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.