Using adobe with iMac

Reaction score
I am new to the Mac world. Did not grow up with a computers so I am a real novice.
I am trying to view PDFs on my mac and it told me I needed to download adobe, which I did. Now adobe shows up on the screen but I am still having trouble viewing PDFs.
Any Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Preview will view pdf files

I am new to the Mac world. Did not grow up with a computers so I am a real novice.
I am trying to view PDFs on my mac and it told me I needed to download adobe, which I did. Now adobe shows up on the screen but I am still having trouble viewing PDFs.
Any Suggestions?

Your Mac should already be able to read .pdf files with its own application called Preview.
I am kind of a minimalest and try not add anymore applications than I have to.
Try Preview before going out and downloading more applications, and then decide.
Having said that there are many reasons for needing additional applications.

DavidH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Your Mac should already be able to read .pdf files with its own application called Preview.
DavidH
Thanks David, wasn't sure about that as it's been a loooong time since installing my OS O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.