Spellcheck using the English Dictionary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7
How do I obtain a British dictionary to add to my spellchecker? The ones on my Mac keep adding "z's" to words such as "minimise, harmonise etc" and its driving me nutZ.
I've tried changing to a custom dictionary but short of customiZing every word I so far I cant find a solution.
Help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You can change the default dictionary used by:

Go to "System Preferences - International - Language"
Click the "Edit List" button
Select the appropriate dictionaries (eg. "Australian English" or "British English")
Make sure that your newly selected dictionary is at the top of the list of available dictionaries in the "Languages:" pane.

HTH

Cheers

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7
English Language using Spellchecker

Thanks for that TattooedMac, but I've tried that already.
I deleted all other languages with the exception of British English, but still it refuses to spell correctly.
Even Microsoft get that bit right.
Is there anything else I could try?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7
I Fixed It

Well I fixed it.
It wasn't my Mac's fault at all. It was the way I set up languages in Microsoft Word for Mac. I had assumed it would all change automatically like most things do using the Mac OS, but not this one it seems.
Your prompt made me look deeper, so thanks for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
YW Glad you got it fixed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.