imessage sync with phone number caller id

Reaction score
Ok, so I would like to sync imessage between my ipad and my iphone although the only way that seems possible is for the send as to be my apple id email. the problem with this is that when i send a message from my iphone the caller id is not my phone number, so people who already have my phone number saved they i don't show up as the normal caller id.

is there any way to send imessage from my ipad using my iphone phone number?

C

chas_m

On the iPad's preferences you can specify that you want outgoing messages to be send using a specific email address *or phone number* if you have a phone number associated with iMessage on another device.

IOW, I send you an iMessage from my iPad OR iPhone, both will appear to you as though they were sent from my phone number.

OP
M
Reaction score
On the iPad's preferences you can specify that you want outgoing messages to be send using a specific email address *or phone number* if you have a phone number associated with iMessage on another device.

IOW, I send you an iMessage from my iPad OR iPhone, both will appear to you as though they were sent from my phone number.

so i have the phone number associated with my iphone but under caller id on my ipad only the email addresses show up...is there any trick to get the phone number to show up on the ipad?

C

chas_m

I should preface this by saying it is *very important* that all iOS devices we are talking about here be on a *very* recent version of iOS (6 or higher) and that any computers involved also be up-to-date.

That said, I don't recall how I got the iPhone number on the iPad but I would guess that I set it up on the iPhone or Mac and then synced all the devices through iTunes, so the iPad "inherited" the setting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.