Safari Extension Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 10.2.1, 2015 MBP 16gb 1tb OSX 10.12.3
I have had my MBP for 2 weeks now so at this point I really dont understand anything about extensions but I can see one when I look in Safari - Preferences - Extensions that I did not purposefully install. It is called Click ToPlugin. I just want to know if I should leave it there, uncheck it or use the uninstall that is beside it.

I tried unsuccessfully last week to install Adobe Flash Player. I even had Apple Support line try to help me and they were unsuccessful also, didnt find anything wrong with my MBP tho. I instead installed Google Chrome with built in flash so Im satisfied on that point. But went thru the uninstall from Adobe's website also. Im just thinking in that process somehow this Click Toplugin got installed on my MBP. So is it safe for it to stay or should I disable it/uninstall it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
There is nothing wrong with that Safari Extension. Here is the low down and it is up to you if you want it enabled or not
ClickToPlugin is a lightweight and highly customizable extension that prevents Safari from launching plug-ins automatically, resulting in faster browsing, reduced fan usage, and increased battery life. It replaces every plug-in object by an unobtrusive placeholder that can be clicked to load the embedded content. Further, it can replace many plug-in-based media players by Safari’s native HTML5 media player.
and to add to this
ClickToFlash is a restriction of ClickToPlugin that only deals with Flash content

The choice is yours

OP
MacWannabeNTX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for this clear info.

C

chas_m

It is also utterly impossible that you did not download and install this unless someone else has PHYSICAL access to your machine.

OP
MacWannabeNTX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is also utterly impossible that you did not download and install this unless someone else has PHYSICAL access to your machine.

chas_m - I dont understand your comment. No one besides me has physical access to my computer. And it did not successfully install. I dont care at this point since I installed google chrome and it is working whenever I cant play a youtube video on Safari. I guess I'm just OCD and want all the peices left on my MBP after failing on the flashplayer install. I did go thru the uninstall process from the Adobe website but it still left those little pieces.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.