iPod First Generation Restore Problem

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a First Generation iPod Touch in a sale. I got it and it never turns on, unless I plug it into a power source. When I plug it into iTunes, I get a message saying that my computer found an iPod in recovery mode, so I go to update and put it in Factory Settings. I don't mind if it goes to Factory Settings. Actually, that would be great. But after it (iTunes) says preparing iPod for restore, the iPod turns off. If I don't go to put into restore, it will stay on as long as it is plugged in, but when it gets to the end of the bar for preparing to be restored, it always turns off. Then I get an error code and have to restart iTunes for it to recognize the iPod again. What can I do? What iOS is the first generation? also, i have already tried DFU mode, iTunes won't recognize my iPod in DFU mode.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Just a heads up..... Please do not cross post your inquiry (posting to more than one forum) but keep it to one forum. If you feel you posted it to an incorrect forum, a moderator will move it for you. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.