Ipod touch 3rd Gen Repair

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
this is my first time posting on this forum, and hopefully one of you can shed some light on my problem. I have recently started repairing ipods and iphones for fun. I am repairing a broken itouch 3rd gen that i was able to acquire for free! It originally had fallen into a pool. I cleaned the circuit board of all corrosion using IPA 99% which worked wonders. I have now purchased a new battery and once i replace it i believe it will work. Unfortunetley when attempting the existing batteries removal my beginning knowledge of soldering caused me to accidentally remove the conducting material on one of the prongs attached to the circuit board. To make thinks worse it was lost:/ Is there anyway to fix this? I have the new battery, i have now practiced my soldering skills, and im ready to do this. The only thing standing in the way is that i can only solder two of the prongs to the circuit board because the conductive material on the right is now missing on the circuit board. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Love you,
Bye

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Depends on how good your soldering skills have become, but it may be possible to repair the trace on the board with a bridge. I've never had an iPod Touch apart but have had others apart. The logic board on any of the iPods are very thin and easily damaged by improper soldering.

Make sure that you bridge the trace correctly. Go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up the take apart for that particular model Touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.