Need external hard drive for Mac osx 10.4.11

Reaction score
Hi,
I am getting ready to upgrade our Mac OSX 10.4.11 from Tiger to Snow Leopard 10.6. There are lots of pics, music and pdf files on it. Concerned that I will lose them when I add memory and Snow Leopard. I am looking for an external hard drive to store before I start the process.
Anyone know where I can find one?
Anyone still operating a 10.4.11 system?
Thank you,
:D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
External hard drives can be purchased from just about any store that carries computer equipment. You can either shop on line or in person. The only thing to keep in mind is that most external hard drives are pre-formatted for Windows and will have to be re-formatted to use with your Mac. You should also consider making a backup of your old hard drive. Older versions of Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper can be used for that purpose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You can DL SuperDuper from SuperDuper! (Mac) - Download. Great and easy App to clone your HD.
As chscag posted there are a lot of Ext HD formatted for Windows out of the box, and for this reason i use Western Digital MyBook where thay are plug and play for a Mac. Meaning you dont need to reformat it to take your Mac Backups

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.