Downloading

Reaction score
I am using a MacBook Pro with 10.7.5. I cannot download software from external sites. I tried to download Google Drive for example but nothing happens. In the window that came up it said https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive/thankyou.html?hl=en_US but the end of the line is greyed out i.e. dlpage/drive/thankyou.html?hl=en_US. I am using Firefox but I have tried Safari too without success.

Thanks in advance for any advice

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Any chance you've got a so-called "Download accelerator" installed?

OP
F
Reaction score
I have Speed Download 5 but I never use it. I also have jdownloader which I put on yesterday to try and solve the problem.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have Speed Download 5 but I never use it. I also have jdownloader which I put on yesterday to try and solve the problem.

Those programs are bunk and often cause this kind of issue. Use their respective uninstallers to completely remove them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As advised get rid of Speed Downloader using the uninstaller only. It used to be available at the Yazsoft web site. If trouble locating SD5 have a read of this link and follow recommendations.

http://www.yazsoft.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.