Java SE 7 Update 13 update

Reaction score
I installed Java SE 7 Update 13 thinking it would fix the Safari issue but it is still not working. I tested the Java install at How do I test whether Java is working on my computer? and it is installed properly. I've enable Java in Safari and rebooted - nothing seems to work.

It works OK in Firefox.

Has anyone tried this version of Java and have it working with Safari?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I tested the Java install at How do I test whether Java is working on my computer? and it is installed properly. I've enable Java in Safari and rebooted - nothing seems to work.
I'm a little confused. If it worked on the test page (which it should since this version of Java hasn't been blocked), you should be able to run it anywhere. This is where I'm confused - it works there but then you say that it doesn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27", 3.2 GHz, i5, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR 3, R9 M380 2048 MB
In Norway most banks use this Java applet in Safari to get you to your private account in order to pay bills, check your account etc. Because of the recent problems we have been asked to download the newest version of the app. In my case, and I have heard of others with a similar experience, it was not sufficient to download it. I had to uninstall the older version first. You´ll find instructions as to how to do this on Java.com
After uninstalling the version I had, and downloading ..13, everything has worked well on my machine.

OP
D
Reaction score
OK - thanks Tada, I'll check java.com on the uninstall instructions, then reinstall the latest version to see if that works.

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. If it worked on the test page (which it should since this version of Java hasn't been blocked), you should be able to run it anywhere. This is where I'm confused - it works there but then you say that it doesn't work.

What I meant to say was that Safari doesn't seem to think Java is installed, while the same web page in Firefox works fine with this version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.