Uninstalling Programs from Macbook Air

Reaction score
Hi Mac-Forum.

I have recently switched to Mac from long-term MS computers, with which I was reasonably adept, and am struggling with the differences.

I downloaded a programme called Mackeeper, which I didn't like, and have "successfully" uninstalled it through Finder.

However, the icon for the programme is still in the bar at the top right of the screen and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Can anyone help this hopeless newbie?

PS: I have literally no idea where anything is on this machine, so if you are pointing me at things you are going to have to spell it out. I am getting a bit hacked off with not being able to do things on this machine which I would have found easy on a MS OS.

Ta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Try holding down the cmd key and dragging it out of the menu

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks Halo 200. Tried that, but it didn't work.

I appreciate the help though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Anything running in Activity Monitor related to MacKeeper. Also open up system preferences, open users and groups and choose your account, see if there is anything listed under login items. If you remove them and restart your machine

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You cannot just drag applications that require your password during the install to the trash. You must in almost all cases use their uninstall to remove all their stuff.

Would suggest you reinstall the latest version.
Then follow the following for removal:

how to uninstall MacKeeper – updated « Phil Stokes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.