Any suggestion for alternative to Microsoft's Publisher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA
Hi there,
I have both iWork 09 and Office Mac 2008 on my Mac Book Pro. OS Mountain Lion.

However on my PC I have Microsoft's Office Enterprise 2007, it has "Publisher" along with "Word","Excel","Power Point","outlook","Access","OneNote","InfoPath" &"Groove".

My work involve using Microsoft's "Publisher" and I am limited by it's non availability ["Publisher"] in Office Mac 2008.

1.Does any one know of a "Publisher" equivalent available for Apple OS? I am not aware if Microsoft has updated the Office for Mac?[I know latest release of the MS Office for PCs' but not for Mac]

2.There are talk about iWork being upgraded and will it have a "Publisher"?

I will be thankful for your information.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The nearest thing to publisher in iWork is Pages

InDEsign is Adobe's desktop publishing software but it maybe too expensive

Another alternative is Scribus, an open source desktop publishing app that is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, so have a look at that, and you can't argue with free

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
1.Does any one know of a "Publisher" equivalent available for Apple OS? I am not aware if Microsoft has updated the Office for Mac?[I know latest release of the MS Office for PCs' but not for Mac]

As member louishen pointed out, iWork Pages in layout mode can be used for publishing in addition to it being a word processor application. ($19.99 from the Mac App Store)

As a user of MS Publisher in Windows for many years, I have found that iStudio Publisher ($17.99 in the Mac App Store) is a very close equivalent with the exception of all the included templates in MS Publisher.

iWork Pages may be better for you in that there are a myriad of templates available and many which are included with the basic program.

Microsoft has updated Office for the Mac (Office 2011) but it does not include Publisher nor likely that it ever will include it. There are just too many great publishing apps for the Mac that are better than MS Publisher.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA
Thank You guys, I will take a look at Scribus

Another alternative is Scribus, an open source desktop publishing app that is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, so have a look at that, and you can't argue with free

Thank you
I will take a look at Scribus & iStudio Publisher.

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.