Completely disconnected thermal sensor off MacMini 2010 motherboard.

Reaction score
I replaced my 320HDD in my Mac Mini 2010 with an SSD, while doing so I accidentally removed from the motherboard the thermal sensor(I`m not sure what it really is, but I saw that it is sticked to the SuperDrive) along with its socket that is located on the right next to the fan connector.
bb884bfdf5ab8bee.JPG

When I turned on the mac mini my monitor doesn't light up and after a few seconds the fan went to a really high rpm. I turned it off immediately. I`m not sure if this is the problem, what could be the cause and what can I do?

Edit: The monitor lights up as usual, its working it's just the fan that goes fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Sounds like because it can no longer read temperature settings its defaulting to a high rpm setting to protect itself from overheating. How are you with a soldering iron? :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. Well I replaced the sensors from the HDD to the SSD. In a tutorial video if I recall correctly they didnt even reattached the sensors on the SSD.
In the link you posted it turns out that it cant read from the HDD sensor that was removed and goes full speed, right?
Then I guess that the sensor has to be reconnected to the motherboard. I`ve had my experience with soldering and tiny transistors and such, but it was long time ago and this is really tiny :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.