Where is my app?

von

Reaction score
I downloaded an app for my iPad and iPhone yet it does not appear on either one. I went back to the App Store to download it again but the button shows that it is installed already. So I cannot download it again. I have iOS 6.1 installed. any help will be appreciated

Von

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you swipe left to right on the home screen to the search can you find it there?

OP
V

von

Reaction score
That swipe brings up the search screen and U typed in pwSafe but it found nothing. It is not in the iTunes Apps but when I go to the App Store to download again, the window says it is installed. Could this have anything to do with the recent upgrade to iOS 6?

Richard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That swipe brings up the search screen and U typed in pwSafe but it found nothing. It is not in the iTunes Apps but when I go to the App Store to download again, the window says it is installed. Could this have anything to do with the recent upgrade to iOS 6?

Richard

Sorry, don't quite understand what you're saying.

But I'd start by doing a hard reset on your phone (hold sleep and home button until the phone reboots)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Richard
Did you download the app from the Mac App Store? I ask because you differentiate between the MAS and the iTunes Store. If you did download it from the Mac App Store, you installed the Mac version which would explain why it's not available on any of your iOS devices.

OP
V

von

Reaction score
MrPlow

Well I feel rather foolish not having checked my download folder on my Mac. I looked everywhere else! I did not realize I had to install it first. Other downloaded apps have gone straight to my iPad but maybe because I downloaded this app from my computer as opposed to the iPhone or iPad, it needed to be installed first. Thanks for you quick response

Richard

OP
V

von

Reaction score
vansmith

You are correct. I did download it from the App Store and I found it in my download folder. I have now installed the app and I hope it will be available on the phone and iPad now. If not, perhaps I have to download the app from the iTunes store.

Thanks for your quick response
von

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not sure why the app is in your Download folder. You access apps for the iOS device through the App Store within iTunes or the App Store directly on the device. If you do the former, then the app will be available within iTunes and if you have WiFi sync'ing enabled and the device is in range, it might sync the app immediately. Otherwise, the app is synced the next time you plug the device into the computer..

I'm a little bit confused by how you are downloading apps..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
vansmith

You are correct. I did download it from the App Store and I found it in my download folder. I have now installed the app and I hope it will be available on the phone and iPad now. If not, perhaps I have to download the app from the iTunes store.

Thanks for your quick response
von
We need to clarify a few things here because you're using "App Store" and "iTunes Store" interchangeably (I think) and they are potentially two very different stores. First, the iTunes Store only sells apps that are usable on iOS devices such as the iPhone or iPad. The Mac App Store only sells apps that work on a Mac. If you've used the Mac App Store to make your purchase, you've downloaded the Mac version (which would explain why you don't see it on your iOS devices). If you downloaded it from the iTunes Store, everything should have worked wonderfully.

So, let's be really explicit here. Where did you get this app from? Was it the Mac App Store or the iTunes Store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As Vansmith says I think it's likely you've bought the version of pwsafe for your Mac (from the Mac App Store).
To use it on your iPad you'll need to buy it on your iPad, iPhone or in the App Store in iTunes.

But all is not lost. Pwsafe for Mac will sync data with the iPhone and iPad versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
this will be easy if you paid 5.99 then you got it from the App Store on the Mac to be used on the computer only,
if 1.99 then you bought it from iTunes Apps and it can only be used on the iPhone/iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.