Apple Mail and exchange

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
OK, so for months my work exchange account has worked just fine in Mail. Suddenly, over the last couple of days it stopped letting me delete files (in fact, the files had already been deleted via other connections and shouldn't even have been there). Some error about unable to move file to the trash. After a couple of days I gave up and removed the account and then tried to recreate it. Won't connect to my server. Authorization error of some kind.

Note it works fine on my iPhone and iPad. And Via Outlook Web Access. So I know the account name and password are correct.

Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Have you got the internal server and external server set properly inside of the account settings?

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Who knows? I deleted the account and now I can't recreate it. I do know that it worked for months and nothing changed on my work exchange server.

I can find no way to create an exchange account without just giving it an email address and letting it figure it out on it's own. In Outlook, it's easy. I can enter the settings directly, but not in the Mail app.

When "Apple" works, it's great, but when it doesn't...

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I fixed the exchange problem by holding the option key when creating an account...it skips the auto configure. Seems my email provider needs the whole email address as the user name and Apple Mail was sending only the name portion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.