dim screen

Reaction score
HI guys have a dim screen on a macbook A1342
Now I know that this would normaly be the inverter, however this is the one model they built without one.
so new screen fitted and dim screen?
another 2 screens later and 2 lvds cables later still dim screen..

What am i missing here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hmmm, dim screen number 3 would suggest dim power management to whatever it is that is lighting it.
I think you've got a dog there and should get shot of it...unless you're savvy with meters and soldering and fuses on logic boards etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This is a Mid 2010 MacBook with a LED lighted screen. (The last MacBook made by Apple.)

My guess is that the problem could be logic board related since you've replaced the LVDS cable and display several times to no avail. I've read feedback from one owner who had the same problem and went through the same ordeal as you. He stated it turned out to be a bad component on the logic board which caused the screen to dim.

I can't remember if it was in our forums or the Apple Community Discussion forums. You might want to get your search engine into gear and do some Googling.

OP
N
Reaction score
Um this is what I suspected.
Im no good with a soldering iron :) But thats a really bad design fault then.
And just as its out of warrantee .

Any body know who does this kind of logic board repair?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.