iMessage problem? HELP!

Reaction score
My mum has the iphone 4 and I try to text her via iMessage. When we're out and she doesn't have internet i'm still able to imessage her but she won't receive it until shes home?

How do i change it that when she has no internet it will tell me that its an SMS? It's very annoying cause she wont get my texts and other peoples texts until shes at home and has internet.

I thought at first maybe it was the iPad at home with internet but we turned that off and it still happens? HELP!!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The iPhone 4 (as long as she's in service of the carrier) should always have Internet connection through the cellular network, it might jump onto a WiFi network at home..but that shouldn't prevent her from receiving messages from iMessage..

Also, from what I remember when you send her a message through iMessage, it says "Delivered" when the message is actually delivered. Are you seeing that?

OP
M
Reaction score
The iPhone 4 (as long as she's in service of the carrier) should always have Internet connection through the cellular network, it might jump onto a WiFi network at home..but that shouldn't prevent her from receiving messages from iMessage..

Also, from what I remember when you send her a message through iMessage, it says "Delivered" when the message is actually delivered. Are you seeing that?

She isn't on a plan, she's on pay as you go. How do I make it that when she has no internet it sends it as a SMS from other iPhones?

So if I send her a text and she's out it will automatically send as a SMS if she doesn't have internet?

It does not say delivered. It says nothing but the sending bar is gone but it doesnt say delivered or read... just nothing.. Please help :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.