hooking a 12" PB to TV

M

mikesnail

I have scoured the internet looking for a DVI to SCART adapter so i can connect my 12" powerbook to my television. However, as much as i try i still cannot find one.
Does anyone know where i might be able to find such an adapter? Or how else it could be done?
Thanks
Mike

Reaction score
you can get a mini-DVI to video adapter from the apple website, they don't do one directly to scart, but im thinking you could then get a composite video to scart adapter too. This is the blurb from the apple website (i dont know how to link from the apple store, the links never work):

"The Apple Video Adapter for iBook, PowerBook G4 (12”), eMac (with AirPort Extreme), or 17-inch iMac (1GHz) was specially designed to allow users to connect to S-video or composite video devices. The video adapter cable plugs into the Video Output port (mini-VGA) built into the back of the computers listed. The Video Output port supports VGA, S-Video, and Composite video out. Use the Apple Video Adapter cable for S-Video or Composite video output only (connect to your TV, VCR, or overhead projector’s S-Video or RCA (composite) cable). Use a separate VGA Adapter for VGA video out."

However, most modern tvs, or dvd players have composite video inputs, so maybe you dont need scart after all?

OP
M

mikesnail

Ah thanks, the iTV cable would be perfect, but 30 pounds plus 5 pounds postage is extortionate! I cant believe how expensive that is, as much as i want one i am not sure its worth paying that much money for. Is there something special about these cables which warrents the price? ... other than the apple logo that is :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 ghz Powerbook 15.2 inch screen 1 gig ram
Go to CompUSA they have adapters there and at the Apple store.

Reaction score
The iTV cable isn't actually made by apple, it doesn't have the apple logo on. It's made by a company called Monster, they do high quality audio-visual cables for various things, they are always pretty expensive.

Apple do have thier own video adapter on thier site aswell as the monster iTV one, it's not as complete as the monster cable though, you'd need to buy a seperate audio cable and you also need a cheap s-video to s-video cable too (unless it comes with it), i think it would still work out to be about £30-35 if you did that.

I don't think you will be able to find a much cheaper solution, unless anyone else as any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.