mouse pointer disappearing with some websites

Reaction score
How is it that some webpages have the ability to turn my mouse pointer's visibility off? It seems odd that a webpage should be able to take control of this setting. Apparently it is designed to keep people from closing a webpage quickly, either to keep an advertisement in front of that person longer or perhaps worse (ie, get the person to blindly click his mouse on a link that he doesn't realize his mouse is over because it is invisible.)

I found the solution to making the mouse reappear when this happens is to right click. But is there some setting I can choose to prevent it from happening to begin with?

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Give us a few examples of web sites that turn off your mouse pointer so we can check them out. I personally have never seen that happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.