Contacts not syncing with Mac Mail on Mtn Lion

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out. I have a MacBook Pro, Mountain Lion 10.8.2 running Mac Mail 6.2. Everything is updated to the latest. If I add a new contact group in Contacts, it populates in Contacts like it is supposed to. I can log into iCloud's web interface and the group is populated there just like it is supposed to.

I can go to Mail, and the group will not pull up in the 'To' Field. I can go to Mail > Window > Address Panel and the group will not be there. There is a few groups that are there that I have already deleted out of my Group Contacts. I can not get that list to update. I have tried deleting several .plist's but apparently I haven't found the right one.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have spent over 4 hours on this and haven't resolved the issue.

I've removed the account, added the account, rebooted between deleting plist's, rebuilt the mailbox, exported out the contacts and then deleted them completely to make them pull back from iCloud. It always pulls this specific set of contacts. It appears that this list is cached somewhere. I have removed previous entries and it will still populate. :Shouting:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What did you do for the next person with the same problem?

OP
S
Reaction score
The issue was from a .plist that was cached somewhere. I went through and pulled several files out of the library and placed them on the desktop to force the mac to recreate them. I done numerous files and folders until I finally decided to copy every item in the library and force it to rebuild the library. It started working like new then. Keep in mind this removes all of your preferences so your dock size, pinned items, etc will go back to default.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Thanks - sounds like pitr.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.