From PC to MacBook - iTunes Match

Reaction score
Hi there

Just changed from PC to MacBook.
Had already registered with iTunes Match when I had the PC and had all music stored on external hard drive.
Now I have the MacBook I have attached the external hard drive and pointed itunes to it which added all the music to the library no problem.
What happens with iTunes Match now? When I go to match its asked me to subscribe again rather than add computer. My library won't be duplicated will it?
I just want this to be my main source for itunes as I need to update some of the artwork etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Tanks.
Nick

C

chas_m

If you're signed in with the same iTunes account as you had before, it should not be asking you this.

EDIT: Oops, hang on. Have you authorized this new machine to play music from that account?

OP
V
Reaction score
Yes it has been authoriised.

Having gone into it again and clicked subscribe it recognised that I already have an account and added the computer and scanned/matched it. I was also not getting the "update iTunes match" within the store menu at the top. All seems fine now and computer matched, update option has now appeared as well.
Basically I was worried that as I used my old computer as my primary source and then changed to macbook it would mess it up, should have had more faith in Apple, they seem to think of everything.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.