Safari can't stream video

Reaction score
Hello,
whenever i try to play streamed video i get this message something with MIME and application/x-oleobjetc.

Maybe anyone can help me how to solve this problem?

Tiger OSX 10.4.4

Picture 1.png

B

badmojo

Depends on the file. If it's Quicktime the file is native in Safari. If its a WMV file then get Flip4Mac (google it). If its RM then you'll need Real Player (real.com).

OP
P
Reaction score
badmojo said:
Depends on the file. If it's Quicktime the file is native in Safari. If its a WMV file then get Flip4Mac (google it). If its RM then you'll need Real Player (real.com).

thanks for a help. I have downloaded all mentioned above, but that didn't solve my problem. http://www.dance4life.nl/en_fun_downloads Here is the link, could you try to stream any of these videos ?

T

Tiranis

Looks like ActiveX is used there... you won't be able to get that to work anywhere except on Windows and even there only in IE. (As a webdeveloper I would like to kick the dev's *** for actually coming up with something as stupid as streaming video using ActiveX... but whatever.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
Tiranis said:
Looks like ActiveX is used there... you won't be able to get that to work anywhere except on Windows and even there only in IE. (As a webdeveloper I would like to kick the dev's *** for actually coming up with something as stupid as streaming video using ActiveX... but whatever.)

Yea, ActiveX is a big no-no for developing an accessible site. Internet Explorer now blocks ActiveX by default.

B

butcherson

Can you advice me some software which can download "stream"?I have some software for PC but I cannot find any for Mac:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.