Wireless connectivity issue

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have this problem every now and then and its always random. I connect my MacBook Pro to a wireless (mobile broadband) modem and i lose the connection, the signal icon on my desktop greys out.

I can still connect wirelessly to the modem on other devices and it works on my macbook if i connect it with the usb cable but just not wirelessly. It does this every now and then, and i cant connect for a few hours..

If i search for the network i will see it, i will try to connect to it, enter my password but i get the error 'timed out' so im at a loss to why this happens.. can anyone help me?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Don't suppose you have an option to change the Wireless Channel on that wireless modem do you?

OP
S
Reaction score
I always have it set to auto, there are 13 channels i suppose i can go through them when it happens, and AP isolation is set to off whatever that means

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Try forcing it to use either 1, 6 or 11. AP Isolation when turned on will disallow any other devices on that network from communicating with each other. So if you had two computers on that network they would not be allowed to transfer files with each other etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Try forcing it to use either 1, 6 or 11. AP Isolation when turned on will disallow any other devices on that network from communicating with each other. So if you had two computers on that network they would not be allowed to transfer files with each other etc.

ah right, thanks for the tips ill see how it goes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.