Corrupted .MOV file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a corrupted .MOV file that will play in Quicktime for ~36 minutes, but will freeze after that. Luckily the point in which is freezes is just the very tail end, and the last minute or so are not important. I was wondering if there is anyway that I can trim this file down to just the first 36 minutes, so I don't have to worry about running into the part that freezes Quicktime? Is this possible in anyway? I have tried putting it in iMovie, but it won't import due to the corruption.

Another thing I'm trying to do is copy this .MOV file so I can have a backup of it, in case it becomes further corrupted. The problem is, the file will copy 1.25 / 1.5 GB, and then say it can't copy the rest of the file. I then have a 1.25 GB .MOV file that will not run. If you can think of anything to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.