iMac g3 screen goemetry out of wack

Reaction score
I need Help Please. A friends iMac g3 (i know its old) screen geometry is over to the left so most of the menu is off the screen. I am trying to figure ou how to adjust the sreen back to center. Can anyone help me Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
A
Reaction score
Yes It is a old CRT type unit, I figuered it out. Thanks for the reply, I didn'y find an external adjustmet, but did find a utility that was on a ribbon at the bottom of the OS desktop screen that did the trick Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Yes, I remember having to use that screen-adjuster all the time when working on old G3's. The problem is when the PRAM battery goes dead, the screen dimensions aren't saved and go all out of whack when you unplug it. (I remember spending a good half-hour fixing the screen on my Indigo G3, getting it just perfect, good times.) ;)

Kinda funny how many people don't know that calibrator even exists in all honesty, glad you found it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well now,, Its doing something else strange now. Sometimes it will boot fine, other times it will boot in a one color hue. such as all red, or all blue, or all green. still visiable but with one solid color hue. And yes the trouble began when the PRAM battery went dead. I have replace the battery and had to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall 9.0. are there drivers for the video like a PC. Showing my roots here. As you can tell I'm a PC nut trying to help a Apple friend. I found an old Mac Test Pro disc on ebay and have used the video calibrator to tweak the settings, I have opened the case and installed the ground jumper wire to the video board as stated in the instructions so that the tweaked settings can be saved, but on reboot it just starts all over again. Hope an old mac tweaker can help me out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.