Trying to sync iMac and Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Ok, so I just purchased a MacBook Pro after I've had my iMac for a year now. I was wondering if there was software or some kind of tweak that could help me use both and have whichever files I download on one go to the other. i.e If I went to class and downloaded a couple songs from online when I got home I could connect my computers through wifi to transfer the files from my MacBook to my iMac? Basically I would like to be able to work on both computers as if they were one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 10.9.4
These all do what you are asking:

Dropbox (http://db.tt/VTdJwLVj), Google Drive, Skydrive, etc.
They are all free too (up to a certain amount of data)
And if you use that link for DropBox, I get a free GB of space!

Hope this is what you are looking for....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And if both Mac’s you have are iCloud supported, if you download a song on one Mac via iTunes then it will magically appear on the other.
Or if it is a different sort of file, when you get home, use AirDrop on both macs and drag from one into AirDrop and it will appear on the other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 10.9.4
Glad to help. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.