Sites made with iWeb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I've been watching the Keynote (mostly to show my little brother the things a Mac can do :black: ) and I'm wanting to show him, and anyone else, sites made within iWeb. So if you'd like to plop down your site, please do.

OP
Mace
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
Nobody has seen any or wants to post one they made up?

OP
Mace
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
Thanks for posting up guys.
Tiger I'm def. going to be doing some 3D work once I get my Mac, any suggestions. I plan on cutting my teeth with DAZ products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
trpnmonkey41 said:
http://rmullinsphotos.com/iWeb I threw that together in like 15 minutes, no real work involved

you played potsdam? as in Potsdam new york? My brother used to go there, there is NOTHING up there in NY. (except wade throught the 4 feet of snow)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yea. They are still like another 4 hours north of us but we throw a great social together so we play each year

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
Mace said:
Thanks for posting up guys.
Tiger I'm def. going to be doing some 3D work once I get my Mac, any suggestions. I plan on cutting my teeth with DAZ products.

Mace,

If you are just starting out I would suggest downloading a copy of DAZ studio for OSX and the content bundle. Its free. Also check the freebies sections at DAZ and Renderosity. Its a great way to start in 3D without any financial outlay. One word of warning, it becomes highly addictive.......sooner or later you begin to lust for things!! Its real easy to spend money on this stuff.

After you've had some time in 3D, you may want to check out Poser 6, Bryce
(now owned by DAZ) and Vue 5 by EON software.

If your really serious after all this I suggest moving on to 3D modeling. There are several programs to start with. Wing3D is free. I use Silo, its not free but a very reasonable cost and they offer Windows and Mac versions (you can get both for one price).

Welcome to the madhouse!!

OP
Mace
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
Fun stuff guys, anyone seen anymore online?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So its safe to assume you do not need to use iweb's hosting to publish your pages? We are looking for an easy way to publish marketing articles and would love to use this if it works on our own domain.

Thanks!

D

digital_blue

Hey folks. I just registered here. Seems like a nice forum. I just redid a site I'd previously made, this time using iWeb. I has some issued with iWeb that brought me to this forum. I'll hunt around for my answer before asking any questions, but here's the site that I just made:

www.locksport.com

Cheers!

db

Reaction score
Is there anyway to make websites that fill the whole screen in iWeb. All the examples i see look like a column down the center of the screen, on bigger screens this looks really dull.

I'm not very confident as even Apple's own site sticks to this format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Awww i was looking at iweb on the apple website and you have to buy ilife - which is pointless for me because ive got everything apart from iweb :( :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple's site is like that too. iWeb follows apples philosophy that you don't need to maximize screens to take up the whole screen, the app can decided based on the info you need to view. Apple's site isn't made to take up the whole screen either

B

bpublisher

Hi,
I have a question about iWeb. I just recieved my iLife 06 that I ordered. I installed it and immediately opened up iWeb. It says that I have to publish to a .mac account. What is that about? Is it possible to set your website to another domain? I would like to buy a domain, but before I do, I would like to know the information that I need, also any domain sellers that you have preferences to. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
Please feel free to close the Mac box. It is annoying as best and I wish they would remove it. You can publish to a folder and upload to your site via any ftp program. I am using a free one called Cyberduck to publish.

As far as webhosts and domains, there are many options. I use 1and1.com, it works for me but may not meet your needs. Do a google search and you will find many.

http://www.tigerdesigns-online.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
www.dreamhost.com is fantastic. promo code MAXIMUM gets you 1 year domain and server, i think 1tb of bandwidth and like 20gb of storage (bandwidth and storage go up every week you have the service), for like 30 bucks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.