Adobe Reader

Reaction score
Hello
Since I regretfully updated Adobe Reader to v 11.0.01 I have had nothing but trouble.
Browsers not opening, or if they do very slow.
iWork Pages application not opening.
Adobe Reader refusing to open.
On two occasions the computer's screen went black and i had to hold the Power button in to shut it down.
I used Time Machine to restore Adobe Reader back to v 10.1.5. A little better for a while, then trouble began again. Possibly because of Plugins or similar add ons. I have discovered in Mac HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Reader a folder showing 11.0 Linguistics and several more items (Plugins) could any of these be the cause. Bearing in mind the first folder was showing 11.0 and I am now using v 10.1.5.
After numerous restarts I get over the problems for a short time before trouble occurs.
My questions: What version of Adobe Reader should I have installed for OS X 10.8.2?
How can I check my computer to see what possible problems I have with it?
I have TechTool Pro v 6. After a run of the Tests nothing was revealed.
I am thinking I might have to carry out a total Restore of the System.
I hope someone can help.
Robtowmac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Adobe reader aside, have you run disc utility and repaired permissions and verified the disk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.