1ghz g4 ibook vs 1ghz g4 pb

L

Larry2210

I am considering switching (actually I have decided to do so) and need to decide between the following:

1 ghz g4 ibook 14 inch
640 ram
60 gig hd
extreme airport card and base
combo drive
protection plan

vs

1 ghz g4 pb 15.2 inch
512 ram
60 gig hd
combo drive
protection plan

We will mostly be doing, web browsing, e-mail, digital photos, music, and the such. Please let me know what you think. I am leaning towards the ibook as it is $500 - $600 cheaper and I hear it has better battery life.

Thanks

Larry

OP
W

Wapa18

Larry2210 said:
I am considering switching (actually I have decided to do so) and need to decide between the following:

1 ghz g4 ibook 14 inch
640 ram
60 gig hd
combo drive
protection plan

vs

1 ghz g4 pb 15.2 inch
512 ram
60 gig hd
combo drive
protection plan

We will mostly be doing, web browsing, e-mail, digital photos, music, and the such. Please let me know what you think. I am leaning towards the ibook as it is $500 - $600 cheaper and I hear it has better battery life.

Thanks

Larry

for what you are planning to do with it, i would say you don't need the powerbook. the only real difference with speed has to do with the different buses, and i don't think you'll notice too much of a lag in speed. in my opinion, it makes more sense for you to go with the ibook. you'll have plenty of power, and i don't think you'll be disappointed in the least. if you haven't already thought about it, i would consider getting the extra RAM from a third party source. Apple charges an arm and a leg for upgraded RAM. i hope this helps you, and i know you'll enjoy whichever machine you choose to get. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.