Jailbroken iPhone Update Confusion

Reaction score
So I jailbroke my iPhone months back and I've been meaning to un-jailbreak it for awhile now but somehow I just have never got around to it. Anyways, I forgot about the fact that it was jailbroken (silly me) and tried to update the software. Now, I am stuck with a phone that will only beg me to connect back to iTunes. Every time I do this, iTunes instructs me to restore and update it. I tried this once for the **** of it but nothing has changed. How do I get my phone working again? I don't care if it's completely wiped when I turn it back on, I just need it available.
Please help?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

When the iPhone is connected to your computer, iTunes recognizes it? What happens when you click on the Restore button? Does it go through any activity?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I'd try throwing it into DFU mode first then hitting restore inside of iTunes.I 've had better luck with that as its more of a last resort restore. If razors advice doesn't work give the DFU restore a go

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.