Facebook won't open on Macbook or Iphone5

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the write sub-forum since I am having an issue on both my macbook and iphone. Facebook will not load (on my home internet connection). When I go to facebook.com on my mac, the screen just stays white. On my iphone, it times out saying there is a problem with my internet connection.

However, I can get to any other website on both my iphone and mac, and facebook works fine on my wife's PC. I've tried almost everything I could find on here from related threads like re installing, making sure my systems are up to date, emptying the cache...

Anyone ran into a similar problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It sounds like there may be a DNS problem on your router. Open up the settings for your router and change the DNS servers to use OpenDNS. Instructions here:
OpenDNS IP Addresses

You don't have to register on their site, like they try to get you to do. Just use the IP addresses provided. If you aren't sure how to do this, post back with details of which exact router you have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.