Silly multi-user questions

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I created a separate user account for my wife and I noticed a couple of things.

1) On the menu bar when she is logged in her name shows, but when I'm logged in a silhouette icon shows. How do I change that to my name like it does for her?

2) After creating her account as a standard user I then changed it to an administrator account so I could monkey around with it. I then realized that most of the changes could be made without it being an administrator account so I changed it back. Now from my administrator account in the settings/users section I can't access her account like I could before. Is that normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Go to System Preferences>Users and and Groups> Login Opinions and change "Show fast user switching as" to "Full Name" or "Short Name"
Not sure about your second question.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Perfect!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.