Boot Camp doesn't recognize my Win7 DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have various computers.
Hello there friends!

As a full time Music Producer/Engineer I feel more comfortable using the Windows OS to work. I feel that music creation software is more "flexible" on Windows, but I guess it's all just preference, anyway, I'm currently trying to install the Windows 7 64-bit on my personal iMac. The thing is that when I run Boot Camp and partition the HD a notification box pop's up saying "The installer disc could not be found." I actually checked my burned DVD to see if it'll work on another computer and it did. I downloaded the .ISO file from Microsoft and used a 3rd party .ISO image writer to burn it on the DVD disk. Can anyone guide me on how to properly install or re-burn this DVD disk?

*I used a Windows computer to burn the .ISO file, not sure if that would have effected the disk*

iMac 21.5-inch
16 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It really doesn't matter which machine or software is used to burn an iso to disk provided it's done properly. You stated you checked the DVD on another computer. Were you able to boot the machine with the burned DVD?

Also, please read through the Boot Camp instructions again to make sure you followed the procedures correctly.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have various computers.
@chscag When I inserted the disk in my other computer the files did show up, however, I tried to actually boot the disk from the BIOS menu and it seemed not to work. I'm guessing the .ISO had a corrupt file in it or I just burned the DVD wrong.. I'll have to check those two things out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Put a blank DVD in.

Open Disk Utility in OSX

Click Burn, navigate to and select the ISO and let it do it's thing.

Sounds as though you burned the contents of the ISO to disc rather than burning the image

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.