Canon Navigator for Canon MP560 stopped working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPod, iPad, and Mac user at work and home
I can no longer open the Canon Navigator software for my scanner/printer, a Canon MP 560. I tried downloading new driver and software but that wouldn't work either.

Apple gave me a new drive for my iMac but with Time Machine, all my other programs have worked well. I upgraded to Mountain Lion, but again, no problem with anything else.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
radiomother

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Canon printer software is a real pain whenever you either change hardware or in the case of wireless, routers. Uninstall the Canon software and reinstall. That's the only way you're probably going to get the Navigator working again. I have had to do that twice.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can I use updated downloaded drivers? My original disc is definitely a few years old but it did the trick before.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, as a matter of fact it's recommended that you use updated drivers and Canon software.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
By uninstall do I just trash the software? If I can't open it, I can't do a proper uninstall, can I?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can go ahead and Trash the software but I believe Canon also provides an uninstaller. It's been awhile since I've had to go through all that so my memory may be a bit short about the uninstaller. Also, you may just be able to overwrite the current Canon software which you now have with the newer versions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.