iPhone 4 won't connect to iTunes on New macBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
I used migration assistant to set up my new MacBookPro this afternoon (from my old MacBookPro), everything copied fine and I'm up and running (took just over 4 hours!), anyway, I just plugged in my iPhone (4) to sync it (on the new MBP), and I get the message "iTunes cannot connect to this iPhone, you do not have permission". I have authorised this new MacBook and everything is present (music, apps etc), so I guess I'm missing something really really obvious ..... help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you create an account on the new machine before using the Migration Assistant to migrate your data? If you did, that's probably the reason why.

OP
karlos2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
Did you create an account on the new machine before using the Migration Assistant to migrate your data? If you did, that's probably the reason why.
no I didn't, I used M-A from the get go, but ........ guess what? I rebooted and it was fine ! who knew ? ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Ah, the old "Reboot" trick. ;) Good to hear, have fun and visit us often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.