CAD viewer for Mac

Reaction score
I am looking for a viewer for Macintosh OSX 10.7 to open and view .igs, .stp and .dwg.

I have eDrawings from SolidWorks. It will open .dwg and also everything created in SolidWorks that is export as an "eDrawings" format but it will not open .igs and .stp.

I also have TurboCAD for Mac and it's "OK" but it will not always open everything. It's hit or miss. Just wondering if there is anything else out there?

I think with the large numbers of Windows users in the manufacturing, engineering industries, switching over to Mac someone coud sell quite a few seats of a viewer app in the $100 - $200 range. .igs, .stp and .dwg are the most frequently exported from CAD programs such as SolidWorks, AutoCad, Inventor and ProEngineer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
What about TurboCAD?

Key Features

It is $130 but theres a trial there so you could see if it works.

Description shows:

Import or export from these popular formats: 3DS, Adobe® EPS, Adobe® Illustrator (export only), Adobe® Photoshop®, BMP, AutoCAD® DWG/DXF, IGS, JPG, PICT, PNG with alpha channel export, ACIS® SAT, Spline, STL, STEP, TIFF, TEXT, Truespace COB, Claris CAD (import only)

No .stp though :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.