Will Hardware for Windows 7 run on my macbook pro BootCamp?

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought windows 7 for a Boot Camp to run ArcSoft ShowBiz. It runs perfectly but my sharkoon x tatic sp headphones for PC and Mac that Work on my mac aren't being read when I plug the usb part in. However, when I plug the audio jack part in it lets me hear out of them. I am also having the same problem with my x-box usb guitar hero guitar, it won't be read in the usb. Can anyone help me? Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

If you are using Lion or Mountain Lion, did you follow the guide instructions and download drivers prior to installing Windows 7, and burn to a CD. If so pop the CD in and let it run. If you are running Snow Leopard pop in that system disc and let it run. Remember when in Windows 7 to regularly use the Apple System Updater.

If still no joy try the equipment manufacturers for drivers.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi, I am using Mountain Lion and I actually took it to a shop to install all the drivers needed because I was too lazy. I didn't receive a CD when I got my laptop back so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well that beats all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Windows 7 is very fussy about USB hardware devices and will not install general drivers as was done in XP. It's likely your devices are not being recognized by Windows 7. Unless you find Windows 7 drivers for them, you'll have to live with it. I had the same problem with several USB devices in Windows 7 both of which were recognized immediately by OS X and Windows XP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.