iPhoto Portrait Oriented Pics

Reaction score
I'm running iPhoto 11 (version 9.4.2 - 710.42) and was copying photos from an event to a folder on my iMac. In the event most of my pics where landscape oriented, however there where 5 pics that were portrait oriented. I performed a select all, performed a copy and when pasting in my folder I noticed that the 5 portrait oriented pics could not be pasted.

It went to another event and the same thing happened. There is s problem with copying and pasting portrait oriented pics with events within iPhoto.

I then went and rotated the 5 pics to landscape. It allowed a copy paste, however it changed the date taken...very strange...

As I experimented in other iPhoto events at times it allowed copy/paste of portrait oriented pics but again it changed the date....

Has anyone come across this? Can someone else confirm this...I may have a corrupt iPhoto library?

Any comments or feed back would be appreciated. Thank you.

Golight

Reaction score
I'm on the same version as you, and that isn't happening to me. It is quite bizarre, I've tried with photos taken from an iPhone as well as a DSLR, and they are both fine.
By any chance have you tried exporting the photo, by going File>Export.
Hope it helps

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes, I tried Export with same results...I did create a new library and tested and it works fine. There must be some corruption with the default library...very strange

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.