13 RMBP storage issue.

Reaction score
I just go a 13" retina MacBook Pro today and have spent the better part of 5 hours getting everything set up. Along with the MBP I got an AirPort Extreme. I have been trying to set up my external HD with the AirPort (I'll save that for a different discussion) but first it had to be reformatted which meant taking everything off of it.
I had about 160 GB of movies on there and was able to move them to my notebook before reformatting. Once it was done I moved everything back and deleted it all from my notebook but now when I look at the storage it is still showing it full of video.
Can anybody shed any light on this?

OP
B
Reaction score
I ran the "Erase Free Space" tool of CCleaner and everything is as it should be. Not sure if that's what did it or not but problem solved.

Reaction score
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but after you deleted the video's did you go and delete them from the trash can? To free up space, it's really a two step process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.