10.8.2, yet still shows up in app store?

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question. I am running version 10.8.2 on my mac now, but in the app store it still shows OS X Mountain Lion for 19.99. Is this an add on to OSx Mountain lion or what? I'm confused and I am a new mac user so I was curious.

Reaction score
Did your Mac come pre-installed with Mountain Lion? If it did, the option to buy it will still be available in the App Store. There is no add on to Mountain Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The version of Mountain Lion installed on a new computer is generally for that computer only. For example I purchased an iMac in June and got the ML free update, however it was for the iMac only. Folk may have more than one computer and need the download.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What Harry said. Also, if Mountain Lion came pre-installed and you wish to download it for another machine, you'll need to pay the $19.99. Subsequent downloads are free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.